About Our Handmade Gourd Lamps
Each gourd lamp is made from Mediterranean calabash and it takes about 6 months to grow after it has been planted. The thicker the gourd, the better the artwork and durability. It is then collected and the let dry for a while. Afterwards, outer skin is removed with sandpaper and the interior vegetable section is removed. Since each calabash is unique and unlike each other by creation, it is impossible to make an exact replica. They are approximately 12-14 inch tall and 8-10 inch wide at the belly section. At the the design stage, after the pattern is decided, it is drawn on the calabash and different sizes of drills and knives are used to make holes and shapes on the gourd. After the design stage is complete, it is then painted and beads are mounted into the holes and then varnished.
These shiny colorful gourd lamps can be used as a table lamp as well as for peaceful evenings and as an amazing oriental boho decoration for any bedroom, living room, backyard or terrace. These can also be used as an original light and shadow lampshade and they are a masterpiece of authentic art, a great gift idea for those who prefers unique home decor items and for all oriental art admirers.
All 100% Handmade Gourd Lamps are:
- Made of dried gourd
- Water and sunlight resistant
- Dyes are very good quality.(acrylic and acrylic wood stain)
- Decorated with carving and then colorful acrylic beads are mounted
- Some of our products we use wood-burning technique
- You can give personalized order with custom logo, name, figure can be made on the lamp.
- They can be used either with a base or they can be hung from the ceiling.
- User guide will be sent in the box
- Lamp comes with EU plug (US plug converter is included if the lamp is ordered from US and the cable output is compatible with EU (CE) standards
- We do recommend you to use Day Light bulb over 70 Watt. Higher bulb creates better reflection
- You can clean you lamp with wet cloth
- Gourd Lamps are suitable to use outside too but please do not leave them under heavy shower.